Suggestions before you buy a unit in Ravens’ Roost:
- Get to know us a bit by attending one of our monthly gatherings or a social event (listed on our home page). If that’s not possible, Contact Us and we’ll plan a way to meet face-to-face.
- Do a little reading to learn what cohousing is all about:
- Read our entire web site, especially the “What is Cohousing?” page — watch the videos there.
- Read the book (especially Part 4) “Creating Cohousing: Building Sustainable Communities” by Kathryn McCamant and Charles Durrett. We have copies of the book that you can borrow or purchase. There are also a few at Loussac Library.
- Co-housing reading material is available at http://www.cohousingco.com/cohousing-books/
- Attend a core group business meeting
- New residents receive a mentor to provide a personal orientation to Ravens’ Roost Cohousing.
Call us at 907-399-2051 with questions, or if you’d like to arrange to meet us.
Call 907-399-2051 to request a tour.