Description of Home for Sale
Interior and exterior photos and a virtual video tour are at:
Much more than a private townhome with backyard and garage, this townhome is part of a neighborhood of 35 households that owns 6.2 acres with extensive common amenities. Residents know each other and have a lot of FUN!
Townhome: 1355 sq ft, 3 BR, full bath upstairs, bath with large walk-in shower downstairs
- End unit, with a landscaped green in front, open woods in back, green space on the side
- Gets lots of sun: Windows on 3 sides, including large, directly south-facing windows
- High ceilings in kitchen, dining area, and bedrooms. Lofts above closets in all bedrooms.
- In-floor heating in ground floor, hot water baseboard upstairs
- Triple pane windows and excellent soundproofing between units result in QUIET home
- Refrigerator included; Washer & Dryer hook-ups upstairs (optional laundry in common house)
- Grass back yard. Residents can fence or not, deck/patio, landscape, as long as it looks nice.
- 1 parking space in heated garage with large storage loft, and 1 open-air parking space
Extensive Common Amenities: 6.2 acres with gardens, south-facing patio and kids’ play structure, 3800 sq. foot Common House with large kitchen & dining area for some optional shared dinners, living room / library, kids’ room, 2 guest rooms, optional laundry room; 1440 sq. ft building with large workshop/woodshop, separate sewing/craft area and fitness area (weights & rowing machine).
Price of all you get with 9061 Nuthatch Place, Unit F:
You could consider the price of the private townhome, yard, & garage to be about $350,000
and the townhome’s share of the
price of 6.2 acres and 5,240 sq ft of indoor common areas to be about $100,000
Approximate Total: about $450,000.
This townhome first sold in 2016 for $472,000. Owner now asking $449,000.
Additional advantages of living in Ravens’ Roost:
- Enjoy the best of both worlds: as much solitude as you want in your own home, as well as friendly neighbors whom you know. The true sense of community here is a rare thing.
- The Neighbors are Priceless!
- They’re willing to lend a hand: When two residents had hip surgery, neighbors helped drive them to appointments, get groceries, etc., yet there’s no obligation. During COVID, we agreed that if anyone got the virus, available neighbors would deliver requested groceries / items to the person’s front door and keep in touch over the phone.
- Neighbors have all kinds of skills & knowledge and are willing to share their abilities.
- Security is greater because we all know who belongs here, and we watch out for each other.
Please read the “Steps Toward Joining” page and familiarize yourself with the rest of this website, especially the “What is Cohousing?” page before requesting a tour of this home. The tour guides are residents who are volunteering their time.