Come join us for a barbecue picnic on the site of our future cohousing neighborhood. Original home site settler Arne Link and his wife Norma have a big, beautiful, green lawn on which we will eat, talk about the cohousing project, and have games such as croquet available. We’ll have a super big tent in case of rain, so don’t let that stop you!
Location: 3447 Abbott Rd. (half way between Lake Otis and Elmore)
Two parking options:
1) Park diagonally on the grass off of the driveway, or
2) Turn north from Abbott onto Little Brook, immediately go straight ahead on a small, private gravel road that goes north, and park near the large shed and barn. There is a lot of space back there.
To become a member:
– Attend an Information Session or a Social Event and get to know us a bit. If that’s not possible, send a message on the “Contact Us” page and we’ll plan a way to connect.
– Do a little reading so that you learn what cohousing is all about:
Read the book (esp. Part 4) “Creating Cohousing” by McCamant and Durrett.
Read the appendices to “Creating Cohousing,” online at www.cohousingco.com/books/appendix/CCohousingAppendix.pdf
Read the Getting-it-Built Binder, available from us for $25.
– After you’ve done the reading, send us a message on the “Contact Us” page and let us know that you’d like to attend an Orientation.