Steps to take before joining Ravens’ Roost:
- Get to know Ravens’ Roost a bit by reading this website, especially the “What is Cohousing” page, our Vision & Values (Under “About Us”), and the “Frequently Asked Questions.”
- You can learn more about cohousing in general at Coho U.S. and the Facebook page of the Cohousing Association of the U.S.
- Call us at 907-399-2051 to talk about your interest in Ravens’ Roost. This is when a private tour of the Home for Sale and the neighborhood may be arranged.
- Join some residents for a BBQ or gathering on our south-facing patio with pop-up tents for sun or rain; or, for those comfortable, inside our Common House (the kitchen / dining area is large, with a high ceiling, and we can open doors for ventilation). All of our residents over 12 are fully vaccinated.
- If you prefer to read books instead of online information:
- Read Part 4 of the book, “Creating Cohousing: Building Sustainable Communities” by Kathryn McCamant and Charles Durrett. We have copies of the book that you can borrow or purchase. There are also a few at Loussac Library.
- Other cohousing reading material is available at http://www.cohousingco.com/cohousing-books/
- New residents receive a mentor to provide a personal orientation to Ravens’ Roost Cohousing.