Steps to take before joining Ravens’ Roost:
- Get to know us a bit by reading this website, especially the “What is Cohousing” page, our Vision & Values (Under “About Us”), and the “Frequently Asked Questions.”
- Learn more about cohousing in general at Coho U.S. and the Facebook page of the Cohousing Association of the U.S.
- Call us at 907-399-2051 to talk about your interest in Ravens’ Roost. This is when a private tour of the one Home for Sale may be arranged.
- [Post-Covid: Join us for one of our community dinners, three times per week.] As of mid-May 2021, some fully-vaccinated residents feel comfortable eating together in the common house, but we are not yet inviting guests to our dinners.
- Attend one of our monthly business meetings.
- If you prefer to read books instead of online information:
- Read Part 4 of the book, “Creating Cohousing: Building Sustainable Communities” by Kathryn McCamant and Charles Durrett. We have copies of the book that you can borrow or purchase. There are also a few at Loussac Library.
- Other cohousing reading material is available at http://www.cohousingco.com/cohousing-books/
- New residents receive a mentor to provide a personal orientation to Ravens’ Roost Cohousing.
Call us at 907-399-2051 to ask questions or request a tour.